INTERNATIONAL SAXOPHONE COMPETITION
OF THE ARTISTIC EDUCATION CENTRE
organised as part of the
EUROPEAN SAXOPHONE FORUM 2022
WROCŁAW, 12-13 MAY 2022
The Artistic Education Centre in Warsaw
SPAM – Association of Polish Music Artists – Wroclaw Branch
The Karol Szymanowski Primary and Secondary Music School in Wroclaw
IV. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
– popularization of classical saxophone music,
– cultural activation of students of primary and secondary music schools,
– perfecting music technique and exchanging experiences in interpretation of classical saxophone music,
– improving saxophone teaching by comparing achievements, sharing teaching experiences and consulting jurors,
– establishing cooperation between schools, teachers and students from Poland and abroad.
V. COMPETITION FORMULA
1. The competition is open to saxophone students from Poland and abroad and will be held on 12-13 May 2022 at the Karol Szymanowski Music School in Wroclaw. Participants register for the competition by filling in the entry form. The Competition will be held online based on submitted audio-video recordings.
2. All auditions will be held on the following dates:
a) 12 May 2022 – Category I – music school students up to and including the age of 12 (born after 2009)
b) 13 May 2022 – Category II – music school students aged 13-14 (born in 2008-2009)
c) 12 May 2022 – Category III – music school students aged 15-16 (born in 2006-2007)
d) 13 May 2022 – Category IV – music school students aged 17-19 (born in 2003-2005)
3. Each participant is obliged to prepare freely chosen artistic programme solo or with accompaniment with the maximum time limit of:
a) Category I – up to 10 minutes
b) Category II – up to 12 minutes
c) Category III – up to 15 minutes
d) Category IV – up to 20 minutes
There is no obligation to play from memory.
4. The Competition will held online (based on submitted audio-video recordings). The music material must be recorded in its entire form without any editing, and the recording must show a full view of the participant with the saxophone. Failure to comply with this point of the Regulations will result in disqualification.
5. If the time limit is exceeded, the Jury have the right not to listen to the entire audio-video recording.
6. The recording must be uploaded as a single file on a YouTube channel, with a private setting and disabled comments. Participants should include a link to the recording in the entry form. Failure to comply with this point of the Regulations will result in disqualification.
7. The auditions of all categories will take place on 12 and 13 May 2022 and will be be held without audience.
8. The order of performances will be determined by a draw.
9. The number of participants is limited. Applications will be processed in the order they are received.
10. The Competition will be judged by an international Jury.
11. The Jury will evaluate performances, select winners and award prizes. The Competition scoring is secret. The Jury’s decisions are final and irrevocable.
12. The scoring range is 1–25 points. The Grand Prix winner will be the participant receiving the highest score in the range of 24.00–25.00 points; the 1st place winner – the participant receiving 23.00–23.99 points; the 2nd place winner – 22.00–22.99 points; the 3rd place winner – 21.00–21.99 points. The Jury awards honourable mentions to participants who score 20.00–20.99 points. The Jury may choose not to award any of the prizes.
13. The Jury may award any number of participants and their teachers.
14. Participants apply for the Competition by completing an online entry form available at www.musicforum.pl
Minor participants, apart from filling in the online entry form, should also print out the form and send it as a scan, signed by a parent or legal guardian, by e-mail to: email@example.com.
15. The entry forms for under-age and adult participants are attached to these Regulations.
16. Applications will be accepted from 1 March 2022 and the deadline for sending applications is 30 April 2022.
17. A minor participant, i.e. a person who is under 18 years of age at the time of entry, may only be entered for the Competition by his/her parent or legal guardian.
18. The participation fee for participants from abroad is 25 EURO. Participants from abroad should pay the fee by 12 March 2022 by a bank transfer to the following account:
Santander Bank Polska, 9 Branch in Warsaw
IBAN: PL 07 1090 1883 0000 0001 1479 9555
BIC code: WBKPPLPP
Transfer title: Name and Surname of the participant, International Saxophone Competition – ESF 2022
19. The Organiser and co-organiser reserve the right to make changes to the Regulations. Any changes to the Regulations will be published each time on the website: www.musicforum.pl
20. The Organiser and co-organiser reserve the right to change the date and place of the Competition, or to cancel it. Participants of the Competition will be informed about this decision by e-mail.
Are you interested in the ESF program?
Do you want to meet outstanding musicians?
Are you looking for a place to confront your skills?
Register right now!